Final Piece: Hand-painting Mushrooms

Today I set myself the target of painting all of my mushrooms with beetroot juice. I started with the outline, then added the guidelines for the gills. I then went in with a smaller brush and added in more lines- as many as I could fit in the circle, so the mushrooms were detailed. In my original design for this tablecloth, I planned to monoprint in brown details into the mushrooms, mirroring what I have done on my wall hanging. I have decided not to add this, as monoprint can leave random marks, and I think it would make what I think is quite a clean design look very messy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: