I mordanted my fabric in the same way as my first piece to give a brighter colour and allow the fabric to be washed without it fading. To dye my second piece, I used the skins I had left from the avocado’s I collected so I could get a slightly different colour. I heat the skins for an hour and then left them to cool, then crushed up the skins and boiled for another hour to extract all the colour. At first, I was worried that the shade wouldn’t be very strong on the fabric, but I dyed a sample, and it produced quite a bright pink. I then put the main cloth in the dye bath and left it overnight to strengthen the colour. The tablecloth is dyed unevenly, and there some dark areas where sediment has soaked in.