Final Piece: Machine Stitching, adding more Lino and making Final Improvements

I started by free machine stitching into the mushrooms I hadn’t mono printed with brown thread. I kept the fabric as taught as possible to keep the fabric from gathering, which worked well enough and the bits that were gathered add texture and movement to the wall hanging. To finish the wall hanging, I added the small spore print lino I made. The lino looks great, and I think it works well at filling in any of the blank spaces and tying in all of the colours on the hanging. I used an iron to set and dry the small lino, as I didn’t want to sing the thread. I then looked at the wall hanging and decided to add another layer of cabbage dye to the mushrooms to make the colour stronger and stand out more. I also felt that the stitching wasn’t evenly spaced out across the wall hanging and was overwhelmed by the monoprint, so I stitched into one of the already mono printed mushrooms to even it out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: